Chur to Interlaken or Lucerne best way?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2016 at 0:41:50 #809219

I am reaching Zurich on Aug 27th morning, planning to go to Zermatt directly from Zurich, stay overnight and then take Glacier Express next morning to Chur. The problem starts here from Chur to Interlaken as per SBB, it is showing 3 connections at Zurich, Berne and then to Interlaken ? So I am looking for the fastest and easy option from Chur to Interlaken what is the best way because I want to plan my initial base at Interlaken for couple of nights then move back to Lucerne as the final base. Annika/Arno anyone appreciate your answers on this

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2016 at 2:07:22 #852121

Hi chandraks,

Chur to Interlaken Ost via Zürich and Bern is in fact the fastest way of getting there. Other alternatives involve more mountainous terrain and take longer. If you download the map from the link below, this might be apparent:

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

If it were me, I would consider doing the trip in the reverse direction as follows:

Day 1: Zürich to St. Moritz (overnight in St. Moritz)

Day 2: St. Moritz to Zermatt on the Glacier Express (overnight in Zermatt)

Day 3: Zermatt to Interlaken Ost. You could spend the morning and perhaps early afternoon in Zermatt before heading to Interlaken Ost.

Of course, if you have already booked your accommodation and prefer not to change it, or would lose money by doing so, this would not be an option.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2016 at 2:35:20 #852122

Thank you Alpenrose.

I have not booked my accommodation yet and very flexible. When do you think I should book the accommodation, for Aug end, is it too early ?

I liked your suggestion of going to St. Moritz , overnight there and next morning go to brig by Glacier and then from Brig to Interlaken. The reason I don’t want to take the whole trip of Glacier and would like to comeback to my one of base towns interlaken. I have about 8 nights, thinking of staying 3 nights in interlaken, rest Lucerne as base town.

Thanks

Chandra

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 May 2016 at 5:50:18 #852123

Please see your other thread Chandra.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2016 at 1:57:24 #852124

Thank you Arno , after posting my message realized, I should post at the right forum thread

Chandra

• The thread ‘Chur to Interlaken or Lucerne best way?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.