Final details and help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2016 at 11:18:21 #808957

Hi Guys,

First and foremost, thank you guys for this awesome platform, without which am afraid, planning this trip would be a nightmare. So a Big hug to Arno, Annika and slowpoke..!!

now my itinerary is :

15th may – lugano – lucerne, if time permits mt. pilatus or lucerne city tour. (Offer – mt pilatus – buy 1 get 1 free) – stay – lucerne

I visited the swiss tours office in mumbai, they have some offers on the swiss pass and are cheaper compared to raileurope.. http://www.swisstours.com/

question – i would like to book the wilhelm tell but am unable to find the link. i have read your page on wilhelm tell and it takes me to raileurope but still doesnt let me book..any help on that would be great.

16th may – lucene and basel sightseeing – stay – lucerne

question – should i visit mt titlis..? coz i am going to be doing jungrau and matterhorn, and maybe pilatus…also if i had to choose between pilatus and titlis which one would it be?

17th may – lucerne – interlaken – wengen – jungrau – stay – wengen

buying the jungfrau pass from the swiss tours guys – if the weather doesnt permit then we will get a full refund!

question – i want to take the golden pass line from lucerne to interlaken do i need a reservation for this leg?

18th – wengen – grindelwald – interlaken – montreux stay at montreux

grindlewald first and jetboat ride at interlakken (Offer – buy 1 get 1 free)

then chil at montreux by lake side.

question: do i need to make reservation for this leg by the golden pass..also is there sufficient time to change trains at wiesssman..

19th – day trip to zermatt

20th may – day trip to cheese and chocolate factory

question should i go by the chocolate train ? are the entrance to these free with the swiss pass?

question when i buy a 2nd class swiss pass, and want to do ifirst class on the golden pass wilhelm tell and chocolate train what s the procedure and how much extra do i have to pay apart from the reservation cost or is it just one cost… i am so confused!!

i would love any feedback on my itinerary …if i must add or subtract anythin??

thank you for your patience – pooja

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 April 2016 at 12:09:39 #850972

Hi pooja,

Thanks for your compliments; I’m glad you find it useful here!

I am not familiar with Swisstours but in general you don’t need a travel agency for Swiss Travel Passes. The main retailers are listed here. I did a quick check and it looks like it’s cheaper for you to simply buy through the Swiss Railways: go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and make sure to pay in CHF (other currencies may turn out to be more expensive). Select “Online Ticket” when they display the shipping options. That will make them e-mail the passes without shipping fees, and you can print your passes at home.

All links we know to book the Wilhelm Tell Express are on http://www.myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress/ tickets. But we recently found that it could not be booked online at the moment. So you would have to do it in Switzerland, or just not book and enjoy the same train and boat or any other train and boat on the same route: myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress. The Swiss Travel Pass fully covers it.

Which mountain to visit is up to you, really. We have lots of details on our website: myswissalps.com/ activities/naturalsite s/ mountains. That may help to narrow down your options. Pilatus is perhaps more different from Jungfraujoch than Titlis, because it’s lower.

You do not need reservations in Switzerland, apart from a few exceptions:

The cheese and chocolate factories are free with your Swiss Travel Pass, but if you decide to travel by the Chocolate Train it will not be free. You will get a discount on that excursion.

Your last question is explained here: myswissalps.com/ train/practical/ 2nd1stclass.

udayaditya
    Participant
    55 posts
    20 April 2016 at 12:26:48 #850973

Hello Arno

With my swiss travel pass will I travel free in a regular train from montreux till Broc which I presume is the alighting station to visit the chocolate factory?

Udayaditya

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 April 2016 at 13:36:13 #850974

Hi Udayaditya,

The station is Broc-Fabrique. Yes, the ride is all free: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ validity.

• The thread ‘Final details and help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.