15 day honeymoon trip in Switzerland from May 19

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2018 at 19:25:24 #814261

First of all a big thanks for such wonderful website which help me to reach a tentative plan. I would like to share the details and would like to get feedback on it.

This is my honeymoon trip so would like to enjoy romantic places in Swiss Alps and not Museum and no cities like Bern/Zurich/ Geneva. Less of hiking and thrill but more of unique places to visit. The distribution of places are Luzern-Murren-Zermatt-Montreux

Date – City – Night -What to Do

May 19- Land at Zurich Airport – 1N – Land at Zurich International Airport take the train to Luzern

May 20- Luzern- 2N- Go to Mt Titlis, Rigi or Engelberg

May 21- Luzern- 3N- Mt. Pilatus

May 22- Luzern- 4N- Rhine Falls

QUESTIONS:

Where to stay in Luzern? Carrying the bags in Train? Are all the above places look good or I am missing something?

May 23- Take a train to Murren via Brünig-Hasliberg- 1N

May 24- Murren- 2N- Murren sightseeing

May 25- Murren- 3N- Grindelwald village, Adventure sports at Interlaken

May 26- Murren- 4N- Canyoning in Interlaken, Rafting

QUESTIONS:

Where to stay Murren or some other place? Carrying the bags in Train? Are all the above places look good or I am missing something? Are there any scenic trains I am missing in this area?

May 27- Take a train to Zermatt– 1N – 3 hrs ride – city visit

May 28- Zermatt- 2N – Gornergrat, Matterhorn

May 29- Zermatt- 3N- Hot Springs Waterpark in Leukerbad

QUESTIONS:
    Where to stay in Zermatt or some other place or some other place? What are the things or places to visit around Zermatt apart from just mention above?

May 30- Take a train to Montreux – 1N- 3 hrs ride, city visit

May 31- Montreux – 2N – Les Diablerets,Glacierr 3000

Jun 1 – Montreux – 3N – Montreux- Chateau de Chillon, Gruyere

Jun 2- Take a train to Zurich/ Return to San Francisco

Thanks for help in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 10:07:09 #875730

Hi anujacharya, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Looks like a great trip.

We have a web page here where we have listed hotels. You might find something that appeals to you. The places you are planning to visit look good. I am missing Jungfraujoch on your list.I’m not saying that you have to visit it, but I would like to make sure that you didn’t forget about it.

Murren is nice, but in general people prefer to stay in Wengen or Grindelwald. You might want to have a look at the web pages and find out for yourself.

I’m not sure how much luggage you would be carrying, but usually it shouldn’t be a problem to carry it with you on the train. If you have more luggage than you can carry, or if you want to travel more comfortably, then it’s recommended to use a luggage service. You can find information here.

More information about scenic train trips can be find here. Travel from Interlaken/Murren to Zermatt via Spiez, Kandersteg and Goppenstein in the scenic Lötschberg RegioExpress (instead of the quick tunnel route between Spiez and Visp). The Lötschberg RegioExpress is a local train that doesn’t require seat reservations. You’ll find it if you enter ‘Goppenstein’ as your via-station in the timetable.

Visit this page to see what other activities you can do in Zermatt. Use the search box on the top right of this page to search for threads of your interest, with our members’ answers & links that will help finalizing your plans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 18:34:50 #875731

Thanks Chantal for such useful resources. I really appreciate 🙂

• The thread ‘15 day honeymoon trip in Switzerland from May 19’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.