Honeymoon trip in Switzerland for 5 nights in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2018 at 18:12:38 #814114

Hello,

I am planning to visit Switzerland in May 2018 for my honeymoon. I will be arriving from Paris on 19th May via train. I am planning to use Rail pass within Switzerland. Since i am on honeymoon, i dont want to travel too much, but i also want to cover main attractions. I am thinking to visit following places. Can you please provide your suggestions?

Day 1 – Paris – Basel – Interlaken : I think we should arrive to Interlaken by evening. Evening free or may be explore in town or nearby if we are not tired in journey.

Day 2 – Interlaken to Jungfraujoch top of Europe: does it require full day? If not then what can be explored in remaining day? Also, is it advisable to stay in Interlaken or near to Jungfrau?

Day 3 – Interlaken to Lucern: Check in to hotel at Lucern and then go to Mt Rigi, Lake Lucerne. Should we add any more place / attraction?

Day 4 – Lucern to Mt. Titlis: I believe this is full day activity so can’t be done anything else.

Day 5 – Lucern to Zurich: Check in to hotel at Zurich and then go for Rhine Fall, Lake Rhine. Anything else can be done here?

Day 6 – Checkout from Hotel early morning and catch flight for India.

If I can add one more day in above itinerary where should I club it? Or should I explore new destination?

For food, we are vegetarian; So do we need to look for Indian restaurants or swiss restaurants have proper vegetarian options too?

Can we get 5 days rail pass as we won’t require 8 days pass and if we go with 4 days pass then we will short on one day?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Hardik Vyas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2018 at 10:09:30 #874909

Hi Hardik, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

How nice to spend your honeymoon in Switzerland. Overall your plan looks good. A few suggestions from my side:

Day 2: it does not require a full day. I would suggest to stay in one of the smaller villages, like Wengen or Grindelwald. Read here how to travel to the Jungfraujoch. When planning the trip, the ideal thing is to check the weather forecast 24-48 hours beforehand, then on the day you want to go up, check the webcam for visibility at the top before buying a ticket. Read here more about the Jungfrau region and what activities to do.

Day 3: this looks fine. You might be interested in the ‘Classic Round Trip’ or the ‘Majestic Round Trip’ which are described on this page.

Day 4: you could do it in less than a day. On the web page about Lucerne we’ve suggested more activities. Some people do Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus in one day, however, I would suggest to use the Swiss timetable to plan your trip to see if it fits your travel preferences.

Day 5: have a look at the page things to do in Zurich. Zurich won’t be the highlight of your honeymoon. We often recommend to skip it when you only have a few days in Switzerland. Up to you.

If you could add one day I would explore one more destination: Zermatt. Should you go for this option, you’ll have to change your itinerary slightly. It would then look something like this:

Day 1: Paris to Lucerne

Day 2 + 3: Lucerne

Day 4: Grindelwald / Wengen

Day 5: Golden Pass to Zermatt

Day 6: Zermatt to Zurich

Day 7: Flight to India

If you include Zermatt in your trip the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days is probably your best option, combined with a Swiss Transfer Ticket which you’ll use to cover your trips from Basel to Lucerne and Zermatt to Zurich. But to be sure you will need to check the prices of all your planned train, bus, gondola, boat tickets (you plan to take) and do the math to compare prices. We have a page here on how to choose the best rail pass that has a spreadsheet to help you.

You will be able to order vegetarian dishes in restaurants. If you use the search box at the top of the page, you’ll be able to find some threads that discuss this topic.

• The thread ‘Honeymoon trip in Switzerland for 5 nights in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.