Jungfrau Travel Pass,Interlaken-Lake Thun by boat

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2019 at 1:58:42 #824704

Can I use a Jungfrau Travel Pass to travel from Interlaken to Thun by boat? The map for the Pass indicates I can travel on the lake as far as Thun but I can’t find Thun mentioned as a destination in any text. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 December 2019 at 4:35:31 #926739

Hello JJeff and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Can I use a Jungfrau Travel Pass to travel from Interlaken to Thun by boat?

Yes (subject to conditions). If you have a look at http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity it says “Boat trip on Lake Thun: free – Only for passes of 5 or more days!” The information is also contained in the legend of the map you can download from that page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2019 at 6:24:08 #926740

Thanks very much Rockoyster. I just wanted to double-check. And thanks for all the great feedback on this forum and in fact the whole website!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 December 2019 at 6:55:04 #926741

You’re welcome. Glad you are finding it all useful in planning your Swiss holiday. 😎

When are you travelling?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2019 at 9:49:51 #926742

Hello JJeff,

Thanks for your question. I have attached details of the Jungfrau Travel Pass for your reference, in case you don’t have it at your finger tips!

I wish you a wonderful time in Switzerland! The Lake Thun boat ride is wonderful and the scenery is simply beautiful.

Best regards,

Suzanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 December 2019 at 1:04:24 #926743

We are travelling May-June 2020 for about 6 weeks, travelling mostly by train and taking our take. We have our itinerary and accommodation worked out. However, due to the length of time and our slow pace it is taking some research (using your website!) to work out the best travel pass(es) to buy. Add the uncertainty of the weather and therefore which mountain trips we will do; it becomes even more of a puzzle. The puzzle probably won’t be solved until we are in Switzerland but working on it now is part of the fun of independant travelling. Thanks once again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 December 2019 at 1:06:28 #926744

Thanks Suzanne. It is always useful and a time-saver to have direct links to important information. I can’t wait to see the beautiful mountain scenery!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 December 2019 at 2:11:42 #926745

Hi JJeff,

Sounds great. I strongly recommend using the SBB Mobile app (bit.ly/2ICIUHi) for checking train, bus, boat and cable way timetables, finding fares* and buying tickets on-line if required. We used it in conjunction with a Swiss Half-fare Card on our most recent trip and found it more cost-effective than the Swiss Travel Pass. Especially when used in conjunction with things like the Ticino Ticket, Montreux Riviera Card and Neuchâtel Card which cover a fair amount of transport in there respective regions. For the week we stayed in Thun we found the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland super value.

Not sure if you are aware but you can get yourself a regular (non-tourist) Half-fare TraveCard for CHF185. It’s valid for a year so would cover your entire 6 weeks, no trouble. You don’t have to be a Swiss resident.

Having said that, everyone’s itinerary is different. Based on your personal itinerary you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math. The spreadsheet also includes links to the “Where it’s valid” page for all available passes. Be sure to check those pages for each pass you are considering. Study the map AND read all the text on those pages to fully understand what is covered by the respective pass.

But you probably already know that.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 December 2019 at 2:27:34 #926746

Thanks Rockoyster. There are a couple of items you mention that I hadn’t thought about so I will follow up on them.

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Travel Pass,Interlaken-Lake Thun by boat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.