Lucerne to the Jungfraujoch or Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2016 at 2:29:48 #808449

Greetings,

I will be in Switzerland (Lucerne) on 18 Apr 2016 (around 8 pm) for two nights and one night at Zurich.

I plan to visit either Jungfraujoch or Titlis on 19 Apr 2016 during my stay in Lucerne but I would like to seek for your advice which mountain we should visit. Another question is , any travel pass that is available for us to purchase so it will cover all the trains tickets to Jungfraujoch or Titles and also in Zurich. Will (2-day Tell-Pass Summer) meet my requirement ?

Thanks

Chin Eng

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 February 2016 at 8:30:13 #848571

Thanks for joining us, Chin Eng!

Titlis makes more sense, as it’s closer to Lucerne than the Jungfraujoch. The timetable will help you to find such information.

As for travel passes: the combination of a 2 day Tell Pass and a Zurich Card for your day in Zurich might work well. Alternatively, you can look into the Swiss Half Fare Card that offers a 50% discount on all trips in Switzerland, including urban transportation in Zurich. If you want to calculate which option is most economical, you can follow these guidelines.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2016 at 15:59:58 #848572

Greetings,

Need help from you, if i purchase the Swiss Travel Past for 3 days (CHF 210) , can I use this ticket to travel from Lucern – Interlaken – Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch without paying additional cost ?

Thanks,

Chin Eng

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 February 2016 at 17:17:17 #848573

Hi Chin Eng,

The journey is for free up to Wengen/Grindelwald, and 25% off between Wengen/Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch. Studying the validity section of our Swiss Travel Pass page will help you find such information. There’s a downloadable map, and a list of attractions (including Jungfraujoch) mentioning the Swiss Travel Pass discount. It’s at our Jungfraujoch tickets page too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2016 at 2:02:13 #848574

Hi,

So am I correct that the Swiss Pass will bring me from Lucerne to- Interlaken – Kleine Scheidegg as NO CHARGE.

From Wengen/Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch we need to pay but 25% discount .

I refer to http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tou rism/travel-information/tickets-rates/interlaken-ost/fares-for-individual-travellers/Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch (return ticket is CHF 22 (2nd class)Wengen and Jungfraujoch (return ticket is CHF 28.80 (2nd class)However, when I tried to do a simulation in the booking system, it shows me Grindelwald – Jungfraujoch (Railway ticket inclusive via Kleine Scheidegg) with Swiss Pass is CHF138.00

So the confusion is , does the Swiss Travel Pass covered Kleine Scheidegg ?

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 February 2016 at 7:36:12 #848575

Kleine Scheidegg is beyond Wengen/Grindelwald so you don’t get there for free. Please download the map and it will all be clear. The discounted ticket costs CHF 132.75.

• The thread ‘Lucerne to the Jungfraujoch or Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.