Swiss mountain peaks to be visited 2nd half June

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jayy123
Jayy123
74 posts
Apr 23, 2017 - 4:47 PM

Hello!

I'm amazed by the quick responses on this website. So I had this in mind and thought of posting it as a thread.

Ive heard of the major mountain peaks - pilatus, titlis, Matterhorn, juangfraujoch and first. Is any peak missing?

Also, we don't wanna spend on the cable cars for more than 3 peaks. Which ones out of these are the best? Our plan is to visit during the second half of June! Please help me to choose the best 3!

Thansk!

Lucas
Lucas
9586 posts
expert &
Apr 23, 2017 - 5:56 PM in reply to Jayy123

Hi Rrnnvvss,

We list most of the most popular mountain attractions in Switzerland here. Its hard to say what is the best 3 - it would be different for everyone! But the page I linked should give you enough information to decide which 3 are best for you. :)

Is there anything particular you want to be able to see and do at these mountains?

Lucas

Jayy123
Jayy123
74 posts
Apr 23, 2017 - 6:16 PM

Hey Lucas!

We'd prefer weathers not to be too cold, best views, safety and not too much time to reach up there and yes, there should be at least 50% off (we'll have our Swiss travel pass for sure). 25% off places might again get expensive.

Lucas
Lucas
9586 posts
expert &
Apr 24, 2017 - 5:52 AM in reply to Jayy123

I would expect all mountains to be fairly chilly at the top. Mt. Rigi near Luzern might be the warmest (also one of the lower mountains). All are certainly safe to visit.

Where are you staying in Switzerland? That will help us figure out how long it will take to get to a mountain for you.

You can find which mountains are discounted or not with the Swiss Travel Pass here.

50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass: Mt. Titlis, Klein Matterhorn, Gornergrat, Rochers-de-Naye, Schilthorn and Stanserhorn to name some popular mountains.

Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus are fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

Jayy123
Jayy123
74 posts
Apr 24, 2017 - 10:31 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you 🙌

So we're not sure where we wanna stay. But most probably we might choose to stay at three places and travel everywhere from there.

1) Either Zurich or Lucerne (3 days)

2) Interlaken for sure (about 7 days)

3) Mostly Geneva (3 days)

Lucas
Lucas
9586 posts
expert &
Apr 24, 2017 - 11:55 AM in reply to Jayy123

ok,

So have a look at the activities we recommend in and around those towns to help you decide on the mountains you can most easily visit from them (click the "What to Do" link on each page):

1. Zurich or Luzern (German spelling)
  2. Interlaken
  3. Geneva or Montreux

Cheers,
Lucas

Jayy123
Jayy123
74 posts
Apr 24, 2017 - 12:09 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you 🙌

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018