Planning 6 days Zurich/Bern/Jungfrau area in June

• Dan_K
    Participant
    8 posts
    25 August 2022 at 19:37:30 #828175

Trip we are planning for Switzerland June 11 – 17, 2023

I have some time before we go, but I’m a bit overwhelmed with how to travel within Switzerland. I’m finding it difficult to estimate the cost when I’m not sure what the different parts I’ll need to get from point A to Point B. Also, I’d like an opinion on whether this itinerary is doable. I have a tendency to pack way too much into a trip. This will be my first trip to beautiful Switzerland, hopefully not my last. This will be my first time negotiating public transportation in Europe!

Cheers!

June 11 fly into Zurich from Dublin arrive at 21:00, stay at Marriott

Train from Airport to Zurich or UBER- Easiest way to get to the hotel?

Day 1, June 12

Spend the day in Zurich and stay at the Marriott

Day 2, June 13

Train to Bern (1 hr?) 6:30 AM (decided to spend a few hours in Bern because, according to Google, trains from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen (Via Interlaken) go through Bern.

Tour BERN for a few hours, then on to Lauterbrunnen

Train to Interlaken 16:00, then buss 311 to Lauterbrunnen

Stay in Lauterbrunnen for 4 nights

Day 3 – 5 Options based on weather, June 14 – 16

Lucern (ride the boat and tour the city)

Jungfraujoch (allow all day for this)

Schilthorn in the morning, thrill walk, and Trurrenbach Falls in the afternoon

Need to understand the logistics for each of these options (Trains, cable, funicular?)

Day 6, June 17

Lauterbrunnen to Munich

http://www.rome2rio.com/map/Lauterbrunnen/Munich This site says 8hrs, Google says 10 or more?

What Passes make sense?

Half pass (first) then,

Swiss pass or Regional Berner Oberland?

Thank you for any feedback or for pointing me in the right direction, Dan K,

• The thread ‘Planning 6 days Zurich/Bern/Jungfrau area in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.