Aug 9, 2016 - 7:51 PM
We are flying into Geneva airport on Saturday Aug 27th morning from the US. We are leaving Geneva on Sunday Sep 4th morning. So we have 8 solid nights to spend in Switzerland. We are a family of 4 (two adults and 2 kids age 3.5 and 1.5) .We have a place to stay in Geneva for all of our travel time in the country (relatives house). So here are my questions:
1. We would like to cover Lake geneva, Lusanne, Montreaux, Gryere, Bern, Lucerne, Interlaken, Zurich and any other must see peaks and such. Want to go to a sandy beach one day if at all possible for the kids to have fun. Any such beach exist in Switzerland? What would be the best iterinary to cover all?
2. Is it feasible to keep leaving from Geneva every morning to go visit a new place (mentioned) everyday for our whole trip? Or is it better we leave for a few days stay local to the site-seeing area and start exploring?
3. What would be the best iterinary without wasting a lot of time but also with relaxing a bit?
4. Given our time and base location what would be the best method of travel? I mean which pass?
5. What sort of temperature should I expect while packing for end of aug/beg sep?
6. Anything else you think is necessary for me to know before getting there.
Thanks a bunch. Hoping to get some practical and honest answers from the forum. Than you!