Rail pass: 1 week Zermatt & Glacier Express in Dec

• Travelma
    Participant
    2 posts
    22 October 2022 at 7:52:59 #828542

My family and I will be in CH from Dec 20-27. We fly into Zurich and plan to spend the night there. We head to Andermatt on the 21st just to take the Glacier Express to Zermatt which is where we are actually spending most of our time.

We plan to visit Rothorn, Gornergrat and Kleinmatterhorn (Glacier palace) from Zermatt. Finally, we’ll take the train to Geneva on the 26th, spend the night and fly out on the 27th.

I’ve been struggling to decide between the half fare card and the Swiss pass since most of our travel seems to be via cable cars and gondolas if I’m correct. Could you please provide me with any insight to help me make that decision?

• The thread ‘Rail pass: 1 week Zermatt & Glacier Express in Dec’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.