Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland discounts

• ioana
    Participant
    81 posts
    16 April 2018 at 12:47:11 #815362

Hello,

I am trying to find out if the Bernese Oberland Regional-Pass is the best option for our trip in august. But there are some things that are not clear to me:

1. How much is the discount for Murren – Schilthorn cable car?

2. How much is the discount for Engelberg – Ristis cable car?

3. The map shows that the pass fully covers the cable ways needed for both Muggestutz trails. But on the Meiringen site I can’t find the information that Muggestutz trails are free with the Bernese Oberland Pass. Is it correct to assume that we won’t need to pay anything else if we have the passes?

And lastly, if I decide against Bernese Oberland Pass and choose instead the Jungfrau Travel Pass, is there a discount with this pass for Murren – Schilthorn cable car?

Thank you very much,

Ioana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 14:23:42 #882439

Hi Ioana,

1. Murren Schilthorn with the BORP is half fare; (parca 41.1 in loc de 82.2, atat am platit in septembrie 2017)

2. Engelberg – Brunni, the same (half fare), so up to Ristis still 1/2.

3. Meiringen – Hasliberg Reuti – Maegisalp – Planplatten / Hasliberg Twing-Kaeserstatt – free pf chrage (included in BORP)

Jungfrau Travel Pass may be an option, but it covers only up to Interlaken and Thun / Brienz lakes. So, you may get a discount for Murren-Piz Gloria, but no discounts / free trips for Meiringen, Engelberg, etc.

Have a safe trip. Distractie! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 14:34:24 #882440

Hi iona,

There’s more information on our web page here: http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/validity.

ioana
    Participant
    81 posts
    16 April 2018 at 15:52:59 #882441

Thank you very much for you replies! They were very helpful.

TheTutor, I was trying to figure out which one is better – Bernese Oberland Pass for 8 days or Jungfrau Travel Pass for 5 days + paying the full price for the trips that are not covered by it. It seems that the former is the most advantageous for us. Multumesc frumos!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 5:14:20 #882442

Hi Ioana,

The BORP can be also purchased for 6 days (for us this was the best choice), depending on how long you’re planning to stay there.

Cu placere. 🙂

Like2Travel
    Participant
    26 posts
    18 April 2018 at 3:31:46 #882443

Hi, ioana. I will be spending over 15 days in Bernese Oberland in May-June. Which airport are you coming from? I usually start with a Swiss Half fare card to use in getting to the Bernese Oberland area. This Halffare Card covers half of the amount of the trips not fully covered by Bernese Oberland Regional Pass (some buses and cable cars and mountain trains to Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch, you get 50% discount instead of 25%). Why am I spending another 120 CHF? For unplanned/last minute travels, outside BORP validity area (before and after my 10-day BORP window, sometimes you can have better discounts at 50%). Plus if you have a Half Fare Card, you can get discounted BORP (like 75 CHF, discount for 6-day second class). Mountain cable cars and buses does not matter if you have first or second class pass, you are all in the same transportation box. I hope this helps. Take care.

ioana
    Participant
    81 posts
    18 April 2018 at 10:57:11 #882444

Hi, thank you very much for all your help!

We will be spending 11 days in Switzerland, with one being in Winterthur at Technorama, 4 in Meiringen, 5 in Lauterbrunnen and the last one in Luzern. We will be camping, so we’re driving there. This is why I don’t think the Swiss Travel Pass or the Half Fare Card are good options for us. Right now, after doing all the math, the Bernese Oberland Pass for 8 days seems like the best choice for the trips that we had planned, but I am trying to figure out if there is anything better which could also cover the Pilatus Bahn in Luzern.

• The thread ‘Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.