Hi, basically I am planning travel with my family during the summer period from 29th July to 31st July. The following is some questions that I quite confused hope someone could help me. We are travelling 1 youth and 2adult.
We will arrive in Lucerne, Switzerland in 29th of July early morning. So the plan is we will start visiting the Mt Pilatus golden round trip/silver round trip around afternoon. Questions:
1. I just wonder is it worth for us to get passes or shall we just buy the train ticket seperately? or buy in local? Is it worth to buy in advance?
2. Since we will visit the golden/silver round trip which is going to Mt Pilatus, how much the total cost per person? can I buy this golden/silver round trip tour over there? or shall I buy in advance? Which way is cheaper?
3. How is the transport in Lucerne? do they have any kind of one day unlimited ride any transportation (Bus and rail)? As our accommodation is around Emmenbrucke.
On the next day, we are planning to visit Interlaken via golden pass route.Question:
4. How to make reservation if I have Interail Switzerland Pass? can I make my reservation over there and how much does it cost?
5. And if non of us have passes, how much the total cost of travelling from Lucerne to Interlaken OST? I saw online some around GBP80++ for 3 people some is CHF24, which one is correct?
And since we will be leaving Lucerne around morning, if the weather allowed, I think to travel Jungfraujoch and I know it need at least 5 hours to visit there. Questions:
6. How much is the total cost to travel there and which is the best and cheapest way from Interlaken Ost to the top of Jungfrau?
After finish the journey,
7. Shall I book in advance from Interlaken to Basel (because we will travel back to Paris) or book it there?
In short, which is the cheapest way to travel around Lucerne-Interlaken-(maybe Jungfraujoch if nice weather)-Basel SBB- Paris in this short period? The reason choosing Basel trip cause Switzerland don't have any night train back to Paris and from Basel SBB to Paris is the cheapest route I can find or anyone have any alternative route? and we will travel back to Paris on 31st July morning.
Overall, I know it is a bit rush and hurry, but I hope someone could give me some advise and thanks in advance for that!! Look forward to your reply soon.