Swiss Flexi Pass Fall 2011 promotion

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 August 2011 at 13:45:22 #835279

Hi popdolcorn,

Perhaps I don’t understand your question about the prices, but all you have to do is select your country, pass and travelers on the Swiss Flexi Pass page, and all prices will be listed there, including all details about shipping options etc. TrainTicket offers the lowest price in your case: EUR 322 (CHF 366.49). Purchasing in Switzerland (e.g. at the airport) costs much more, CHF 432, as you can see there as well. These are all the options. Is there anything not clear about this overview?

The page also explains how the pass works: it’s valid from the first free travel day to the last free travel day, which are up to one month apart. You’ll get discounts on days in between. The map shows which discounts you get. The prices for the Jungfrau region are on jungfrau.ch.

The reservation page explains how to find out whether seats need to be booked, and how to do it. It’s not necessary for 99% of all trains. It’s not necessary for the regular trains on the Golden Pass line as well, it’s only required if you select the offical Golden Pass panoramic train.

Regarding the Titlis excursion: you can buy the tickets at the valley station. You can’t order through the website you mentioned; they do not ship to Singapore. Switzerland Travel Centre can sell it to you if you want, but I would not recommend that as you’ll pay separate shipping costs in that case.

I hope this answers your questions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2011 at 21:00:25 #835280

Hi, I have question about buying this 3-day SwissFlexi Pass. I am in Canada now and I will fly to Switzerland on Sept.2. Is buying it online the only way I can get this discount? If I buy it at the station, is it still the original price? Thanks.

Jing

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 September 2011 at 0:00:19 #835281

Hi Jing. That’s correct: this offer is not available if you purchase in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2011 at 5:31:57 #835282

Hi Mod,

First of all thanks for very prompt reply to the queries. I purchased the 3 days Swiss Flexi Pass and the schilthorn cable car ticket from STC and it arrived yesterday. Just wanted to verify some details about the tickets if I can please:

1) The flexi pass says Valid within one month until 30/11/11. Though I mentioned a start date of 10/09/2011 while purchasing from the website, this date is no where in the ticket. Is this correct and does it mean I can start on any day within 30/11/11?

2)Similarly, the cable car ticket says valid until 30th October and no specific date. So, this is also valid on any date till 30th October?

3) The instruction for filling up flexi pass says do not fill up your return date till you have started your return leg of the journey. I fill each day and month on the ticket every free travel day before starting my journey -is not this correct? For example, I am travelling from Interlaken to Geneva on 13/09/2011 and returning to UK on Evening flight. This means I will fill up day 3 details before boarding the train at Interlaken?

4) I have read at many places that the pass needs to be validated before starting the journey but did not see any such instruction from STC. Can you please let me know whether validation is required or not? If yes, how do I validate?

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 September 2011 at 5:57:49 #835283

Hi arin.ray,

Glad we could help! Passes from STC usually have the start date already printed on them. All you’d have to do is write your name, passport number and signature on the pass. In this case, it sounds like the start date is not on it yet. That’s no problem, just go to any manned rail station and ask them to validate your pass: they’ll write the first day on it, and probably stamp it as well. The date of November 30 is just the date that the offer expires, and the last day any of these promoted passes can be used.

A free travel day needs to be filled out on the pass before boarding the first train of that day. There is no need to fill out all days at once. That would also take away the flexibility, because you cannot change them anymore.

The cable car ticket is indeed valid on any day. Just show it at the valley station and they either validate it for that day or you’ll get a ticket for that day in return.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2011 at 5:39:40 #835284

Hi,

I will be spending 4 days in BO with intention to go to Jungfraujoch and probably Schilthorn. I will be going to BO directly from Zurich Airport. On the last day, i am picking up a rental car from Interlaken to then drive to France. What is the best pass for me? Half fare or 4-days Swiss pass or 3-days Flexi Pass with the current promotion?

Thank you.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 September 2011 at 11:25:03 #835285

Hi sylim,

I would say that the Swiss Half Fare Card is the best option. If you’re traveling with 2 or more, the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland offer may be an interesting alternative.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2011 at 12:21:42 #835286

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The BO Regional Pass u suggested seems like a good option. There are however 5 of us. Should we still purchase 5 of that, or maybe 1 of us get a half fare card instead? We do plan to travel as much as possible in the BO region.

And for our trip from Zurich airport to Interlaken, is the best option with the BO pass, via Bern? So we pay a full ticket to Bern, and then a 50% from bern to interlaken?

Thanks again.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 September 2011 at 12:51:31 #835287

Hi sylim,

In that case you can best purchase 5 regional passes (add 2 sets of the special offer to your shopping cart, and 1 regular one). So you’ll pay for 3 passes instead of 5. How to order is explained in this topic.

Regarding Zurich airport to Interlaken: the quickest way is through Bern. You would indeed buy tickets to Bern and get a 50% discount from there, or use a free travel day and get most of that last leg for free. Although it could make sense to save the free travel days for your day trips. The cheapest and more scenic route to Interlaken is via Luzern. You get a discount from there as well.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2011 at 23:25:03 #835288

Thank you so much Arno. We are very excited and looking forward!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2011 at 23:28:24 #835289

Sorry just one more clarification. I also have a 4 yr old travelling with us. As she is under 6, do i still need to apply for a Family Card?

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 September 2011 at 1:28:25 #835290

Hi sylim,

She does not need the Family Card. Just make sure you have a passport stating her day of birth.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2011 at 1:43:10 #835291

Sorry Arno,
    Do you know how long the delivery takes to order the BO pass? We are in Singapore, departing on 17th Sept.

i have another friend travelling to Switzerland later in Oct. Can we purchase the promotional BO pass together (i.e. so that she gets a free pass with my odd number of purchase)? or must everyone travels on the same date?

Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 September 2011 at 3:00:26 #835292

Hi sylim,

Delivery to Singapore takes about 5 business days. You can find all shipping and other details on the right side of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland page. The passes need to be ordered in pairs with the same start date (you can have multiple pairs in one order), so you can not have a 6th person starting to use this pass on a different date. You can order together though (2 sets of the special offer, and 2 regular ones), and thus save on shipping costs. Again, please use the links and explanation in this topic, as the ordering procedure can be a bit confusing.

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2011 at 4:23:10 #835293

OK. Thank you so much for your explanation Arno!! Really appreciate it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2011 at 17:03:14 #835294

Dear Arno,

I just ordered three 3-day Swiss Flexi Passes through STC today. I’m currently staying in Geneva. My parents are visiting me and arriving in Zurich on 07/10/2011. When ordering the passes online, I indicated a start date of 07/10/2011 (thinking that’s the earliest possible for our trips or I may activate mine to travel from Geneva to Zurich), but I was wondering if that means our first free travel day has to be on 07/10/2011? Or do we just validate it when we want to use the free travel day? We are likely to spend some time in Zurich and use it on 09/10 for the first trip. Do we validate it ourselves or do we need to get it stamped at the train stations?

Thank you very much

Roki

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 September 2011 at 4:10:20 #835295

Hello Roki,

You can validate your pass yourself by filling out your name, passport number and signature. STC usually prints the start date on the pass, which means that that would be your first free travel day. You can best ask them directly to be sure what the options are in your case.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2011 at 6:12:41 #835296

Thank you Arno for the prompt reply!

I will ask STC directly about this. I just want to make sure that the Flexi pass is indeed flexible, as we haven’t decided if we want to use our first free travel day when we land in Zurich yet as it would be kind of a waste if we are just doing local sightseeing in the evening.

Regards,
    Roki

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2011 at 5:26:29 #835297

Hi there,

I have some queries below which I hope you would be able to answer

1) One regular Swiss Flexi Pass cost CHF254; with the 30% discount, the cost is CHF178, however I am buying for 2 adults (equivalent to a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass), is there an additional discount of 15%? If not, how much does a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass cost and how can I buy it because the option is not available on the Switzerland Travel Center website

2) Is the Swiss Flexi Pass an e-ticket? Or does it have to be physically delivered to my address (located in Singapore). The delivery would take 5 business days approximately?

Thank you!

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 September 2011 at 10:29:09 #835298

Hi k.wong,

The Swiss Saver Flexi Pass costs CHF 178 per person. The regular price is CHF 215.90, so you get a bit more than 15% discount on top of the regular 15% discount for saver passes. If you order through Switzerland Travel Centre, you just need to select 2 adults that have the same start date, class and pass validity. That will automatically get you the saver variant.

It’s a physical ticket that takes about 5 days to be delivered to Singapore.

Have fun in Switzerland!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • The thread ‘Swiss Flexi Pass Fall 2011 promotion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.