Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2020 at 14:14:06 #825355

Hello again

I just would like to confirm with yourselves that I am giving my friends the best advice. They are flying into Zurich from UK mid April. They are staying for 3 days in Lucerne and I believe plan to do trips up Pilatus, boat trip on Lake Lucerne , visit Engelberg possibly trip up Titlis, from what I recall that is the appropriate mountain. So as they will not have a car I have advised them to get a full pass rather than pay by the day or the half fare pass. This will cover any day to day travel and reduce the cost of excursions. I will tell them to either get a 3 or 4 day pass depending how long they will be there including getting to and from Zurich. Would you agree. Also they seem to think that buying online is cheaper. I do not recall that being the case plus I think buying in person from the ticket office is more reliable I have seen quite a few posts where going the online option has had problems.A long message but I do want to give them sound advice. Many thanks for help you gave me on my trips and in advance for this.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.