72625 posts
    17 April 2015 at 23:31:52 #807094

Hi friends,

I am planning a trip to Switzerland my plan is as below:

1st day – Basel to Interlaken

2nd Day – Interlaken to Jungfraujoch and back to interlaken

3rd Day – Interlaken to Zurich

4th Day – Zurich to Lucerne and then Mount titlis and then back to Lucerne

5th Day – Lucerne to Basel and that’s end of journey.

Now my query is if I take swiss rail pass then is it valid for this entire trip except 2nd day (Interlaken to Jungfraujoch and back to interlaken) and I am planning to take 4 day swiss pass then how much discount I will get on (Interlaken to Jungfraujoch and back to interlaken) ticket with valid swiss pass on the 2nd day. Please let me know.

My plan is to buy swiss pass for 1st day itself on Basel airport for 4 days and last day I will buy a separet ticket from Lucerne to basel. So my total cost for fare would be 173 pound for 4 day swiss pass + 100 pound for Jungfraujoch trip as I will have valid swiss pass on 2nd day. SO a total of 173+100 + last day ticket from lucrene to Basel say 15 pound = 173+100+15 = 288 pound.

Please advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 April 2015 at 9:42:22 #842557

Hi vikash,

The Swiss Travel Pass includes all on your list except the cable car from Engelberg to Titlis (50% discounted) and the cogwheel train from Wengen/Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch (25% discounted; the costs are about GBP 119). You can find such details on the Swiss Travel Pass map.

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at Basel airport for CHF 251 (GBP 176). But, you can easily buy it online for GBP 173. Shipping is free. All purchase options are listed here. For the UK, these websites make sense to buy from:

A regular, non-discounted ticket from Lucerne to Basel costs GBP 26. You may also want to look into the Swiss Half Fare Card.

By the way: to me, it would make more sense to travel from Interlaken to Lucerne (Golden Pass line), then Zurich.

• The thread ‘Swiss Trip Info about swiss rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.