About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Trip report July 4-11 Zurich and Interlaken
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Trip report July 4-11 Zurich and Interlaken

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Shajid
Shajid
31 posts
Aug 12, 2019 - 3:02 PM

Had a wonderful trip from July 4 till July 11 with my wife and 2 kids (8yrs old). I would like to thank the moderators and members for providing valuable information about Switzerland. Weather co operated with us during our stay except during our trip to Titlis which was foggy. Swiss Travel pass gave us the flexibility to travel at our own schedule and avoided queuing up for train tickets. I am sharing my itinerary as well as some photographs. We traveled from Dubai to Paris . After spending 3 days in Paris we took the TGV to Zurich . We had Zurich and Interlaken West as our bases.

My itinerary:

July 4 : Arrived at Zurich HB train station at 4:30 PM from Paris. Checked in to Zurich Hotel. Later took a boat cruise in Lake Zurich from Bürkliplatz

July 5 : Took part of Bernina Express route ie, from Zurich to St. Mortiz via Chur on normal train. Spent some time at Lake St. Mortiz and returned to Zurich

July 6 : Visited Rigi Kulm from Zurich (via Arth-Goldau). Then travelled to Luzern via Rigi Kaltbad, Weggis. Visited Chappel Bridge in Luzern and returned to Zurich

July 7 : Checked out from Zurich Hotel and travelled to Interlaken West. Later in the evening took a train ride from Interlaken Ost to Meiringen and back

July 8 : Visited Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfrauchjoch via Lauterbrunnen. Returned to Interlaken west via Grindelwald

July 9 : Visited Schilthorn via Lauterbrunnen, Stechelberg and Murren . Returned to Lauterbrunnen via Murren, Grutschalp .Later visited Trümmelbach falls

July 10: Visited Stanserhorn(via Stans), then proceeded to Engelberg. Visited Eugenisee lake. Plan was to visit mount Titilis from Engelberg . But cancelled the plan due to heavy fog and returned to Interlaken west

July 11: Checked out from Interlaken hotel at 8:00 AM and took the train to Geneva Airport via Bern to board the flight to dubai at 4 PM

Thank you once again

Shajid

Steph
Steph
2293 posts
top member
Aug 13, 2019 - 4:26 AM in reply to Shajid

Hello Shajid,

Nice to hear you and your family had a good time in Switzerland!

Thanks a million for your report and comments on your stay. Is there any chance you could add some visual material, meaning, a photo or two?! If possible, that would be fantastic.

Thanks again, also for your appreciation of this forum, we try to do our best to support!

Best,
Steph

Shajid
Shajid
31 posts
Aug 13, 2019 - 5:38 AM in reply to Steph

Hi Steph,

I tried to upload photos many times. Unfortunately, every time I got error message. Is there a restriction in file size? Each photo is about 13 MB. ?

Shajid

Shajid
Shajid
31 posts
Aug 13, 2019 - 6:07 AM

Hi Steph,

Pictures attached after resizing.

Shajid

Last modified on Aug 13, 2019 - 6:08 AM by Shajid
Attachments
Shajid
Shajid
31 posts
Aug 13, 2019 - 6:33 AM

Hi Steph,

Some more Pictures attached after resizing.

Shajid

Last modified on Aug 13, 2019 - 6:35 AM by Shajid
Attachments
Steph
Steph
2293 posts
top member
Aug 13, 2019 - 9:11 AM in reply to Shajid

Hello Shajid,

Sorry, I didn't want to put any kind of pressure on you!!!

Yes, there is a 1 MB limit for attachments to the forum.

Thanks a million for sharing, there are some stunning shots among your pictures, nice!!!

Best and thank you again.

Steph

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022