Trip report July 4-11 Zurich and Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2019 at 15:02:57 #823364

Had a wonderful trip from July 4 till July 11 with my wife and 2 kids (8yrs old). I would like to thank the moderators and members for providing valuable information about Switzerland. Weather co operated with us during our stay except during our trip to Titlis which was foggy. Swiss Travel pass gave us the flexibility to travel at our own schedule and avoided queuing up for train tickets. I am sharing my itinerary as well as some photographs. We traveled from Dubai to Paris . After spending 3 days in Paris we took the TGV to Zurich . We had Zurich and Interlaken West as our bases.

My itinerary:

July 4 : Arrived at Zurich HB train station at 4:30 PM from Paris. Checked in to Zurich Hotel. Later took a boat cruise in Lake Zurich from Bürkliplatz

July 5 : Took part of Bernina Express route ie, from Zurich to St. Mortiz via Chur on normal train. Spent some time at Lake St. Mortiz and returned to Zurich

July 6 : Visited Rigi Kulm from Zurich (via Arth-Goldau). Then travelled to Luzern via Rigi Kaltbad, Weggis. Visited Chappel Bridge in Luzern and returned to Zurich

July 7 : Checked out from Zurich Hotel and travelled to Interlaken West. Later in the evening took a train ride from Interlaken Ost to Meiringen and back

July 8 : Visited Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfrauchjoch via Lauterbrunnen. Returned to Interlaken west via Grindelwald

July 9 : Visited Schilthorn via Lauterbrunnen, Stechelberg and Murren . Returned to Lauterbrunnen via Murren, Grutschalp .Later visited Trümmelbach falls

July 10: Visited Stanserhorn(via Stans), then proceeded to Engelberg. Visited Eugenisee lake. Plan was to visit mount Titilis from Engelberg . But cancelled the plan due to heavy fog and returned to Interlaken west

July 11: Checked out from Interlaken hotel at 8:00 AM and took the train to Geneva Airport via Bern to board the flight to dubai at 4 PM

Thank you once again

Shajid

• The thread ‘Trip report July 4-11 Zurich and Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.