Swiss Travel Pass or Regional-Pass Berner Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2016 at 5:45:20 #809824

Hi,

I had decided upon getting a Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days earlier but based upon some of the posting on the forum, I am now confused whether Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland will make more sense for me?

My schedule is somewhat like following –

Day 1 – Zurich Airport to Lucerne; later in the day to Titlis

[Staing 10-15 mins away by Bus from Lucerne Train station)

Day 2 – Pilatus; later in the day possibly Zug or Lake Lucerne

Day 3 – To Murren using Glacier Exp (Chur-Brig-Interlaken)

– Staying in Murren

Day 4 – Breakfast at Schiltron; later in the day, go to Schynige Platte

Day 5 – Jungfraujoch; later in the day Boating in Lake Brienz

Day 6 – Go tot Dijon (France) using Rail

We are planning to stay at Murren during our visit to Jungfrau region. My travel is scheduled for early Oct’16 and very soon I plan to buy the pass, so quick help will be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 August 2016 at 6:54:27 #854891

Hi YashFamily,

The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland won’t be of much value during the first two days. It does not include the trip to Lucerne, Pilatus, Zug and Lake Lucerne. The trip to Engelberg/Titlis is only discounted. A Swiss Travel Pass makes more sense. That would also cover your trip to the Swiss border on your way to France.

I would say you need:

1. The Swiss Travel Pass. You can buy it from any of the websites listed here.
    2. A ticket from the border (usually Basel) to Dijon, available from any of the websites listed here.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2016 at 7:06:03 #854892

Thanks Arno.. Will a combination of STP (3 days) & Regional Pass (4 days) way to go ?

Based out of Murren, what do I gain/ lose between STP vs Regional Pass?

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 August 2016 at 9:58:06 #854893

You’re most welcome!

That combination would work, just like the combination of the Tell-Pass and Regional-Pass. But it’s pricey to buy two passes. I think you’re much better off by simply buying one 8 day Swiss Travel Pass. You can do the math as explained here if you want.

Our passes pages have maps that show exactly what’s covered, so that’s a good way to compare:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2016 at 11:06:24 #854894

Thanks Arno, will go for STP only…. really appreciate your help & feedback

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 August 2016 at 11:24:34 #854895

Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or Regional-Pass Berner Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.