The Interrail Global Pass in short
- Free unlimited traveling in Europe for 15 days, 22 days or 1 month. There's also a flexible pass for 5 days within 15 days or 7/10/15 days within a month;
- Most trains are free, some are discounted. Some boats are free, most are discounted;
- Selected cable cars are discounted;
- City transport and buses are not included;
- Children up to 11 travel along for free (max. 2 children per adult). This applies to free routes, not to discounted routes.
The Interrail Global Pass suits your holidays if:
- you have planned a lot of traveling in multiple countries, and mainly by train. You'll save money as point to point tickets are more expensive;
- you prefer ticketless traveling. You don't need to buy tickets for each trip;
- your plans are not set in stone or you want to be flexible. The Interrail Global Pass allows spontaneous trips at no extra cost;
- you do not need a lot of transport services not covered by the pass. If you do, you best look into country specific passes, like the rail passes for Switzerland;
- you live in Europe (including Turkey and Russia). If you do not live in Europe, a Eurail pass is a similar alternative.
WHERE IT'S VALID
See where you can travel with the Interrail Global Pass, and which discounts are included.
How to choose the best rail pass, where to buy one, about seat reservations and much more.
Is something not clear yet? Just post your questions to the Swiss rail forum and get a quick answer.