How to travel to the Pilatus
The main starting point is the rail station of Lucerne.
Other starting points
You can also start your round trip in Kriens or Alpnachstad. Kriens can be reached by car or by bus from the rail station in Lucerne. Alpnachstad can be reached by train, boat or by car.
- Section 1: by train or boat from the rail station in Lucerne to Alpnachstad;
- Section 2: by cogwheel train to the peak of Mount Pilatus;
- Section 3: by cable car down to Fräkmüntegg;
- Section 4: by gondola down to Kriens;
- Section 5: by bus back to the rail station of Lucerne.
Check the timetable
The cogwheel train from Alpnachstad does not operate in Winter, from about mid November to mid May (depending on the weather).