Is the Saver Day Pass valid for Zermatt?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 6:39:22 #872804

Hi Anna, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the Saver Day Pass will get you as far as the village of Zermatt, but is not valid on the mountain transport in Zermatt, such as the Gornergrat railway or the Klein Matterhorn cableway. With only a Saver Day Pass, you would pay full fare on mountain transport.

If you also buy a Swiss Half Fare Card, you can get 50% discount on the mountain transport in Zermatt (and elsewhere), as well as getting the Saver Day Pass at a much lower price.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard

Depending on the rest of your plans in Switzerland, another type of pass might be more economical.

There is detailed infomation here that you might find useful:

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 8:46:23 #872805

Many thanks for your respond ….so to say the things simple : as a tourist i can buy the saver day pass and go ONLY with the train to zermatt. so i suppose the cable car that goes you after the train to zermatt (as i read) i will pay it full with no discount (as i’m not having the half fare card ) right ?! so i will print it home and i will get it (without waiting for a ticket or something else ) the train for zermatt and if someone want to see my ticket i will show him the saver day pass and that’s all right ?! so ,you believe that for only one day to zermatt the best option is the saver day pass ?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 December 2017 at 8:52:19 #872806

Hi Anna,

Where are you arriving in Switzerland and how long are you staying?

The Saver Day Pass may not be at all appropriate but it is hard to advise you with so little knowledge of your overall travel plans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 9:37:13 #872807

hello….well we are going to stay to zurich from 28 till 2 january and we want to go for one day(well less than one day ….for example morning till afternoon ) to zermatt . i saw about the swiss pass but it’s minimun for 3 days so it’s not for me i suppose .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 9:38:33 #872808

Hi Annaanna3,

Would you mind posting your question(s) again as your message got lost when hitting the ‘post’ button. You probably can’t edit your original message, so you can just add it to this thread.

Thank you very much.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 December 2017 at 9:48:21 #872809

Hello Anna,

The full-fare Zurich to Zermatt is CHF 126 one-way so an early purchase Saver Day Pass will certainly save you money. The round trip takes at least 6h 30m even if you don’t get off the train at Zermatt. So if you want to spend a reasonable amount of time there be prepared for a long day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 9:50:18 #872810

oh so sorry it’s my first time here and with i phone that i logged in i couldn’t write . Well…i’m a tourist and i will be for 5 days in zurich (from 29 till 2 january) and we want to go for less that a whole day to zermatt … is the saver day the cheapest option ? (without tha half fare card ) . I kinda read about the swiis pass but it’s the minimum for 3 days so it’s not for me .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 9:54:39 #872811

yeah we khow …we might go really late at night so to spend the whole day there !! so when i will print the saver day pass from home take it with me and just go into the train to zermatt right ?! i mean that’s all?! and i read that after the train a cable car (or little bus i can’t remeber sorry) it will take us to the centre of zermatt..in that car or bus i don’t have a discount ? because i read that is only for tha railway . thank you for your quick respond 🙂

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 December 2017 at 9:55:59 #872812

Not to worry Regina. There is a problem with this site when trying to write to the forum with Safari under iOS (IPhone/iPad). As soon as you type something the text scrolls up out of view. I tend to type messages in Notes and then copy and paste into the forum text box. It will be fixed one day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 10:02:24 #872813

and the last one hat i want to ask … i read somewher that after the train to zermatt i cable car or little bus will come to get us to the centre of zermatt…will i have a discount there ? (always without having tha half fare card ) thank you…

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 December 2017 at 10:04:25 #872814

The train will take you to Zermatt. Once there the main attractions apart from the view to the Matterhorn are the train to Gornergrat or the cable car to Klein Matterhorn. The SDP won’t get you a discount on those. See http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt/activities

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 10:06:23 #872815

thank you so much you absolutely cleared my mind because with allllllllllll that tickets in the page of SBB i lost it but khow i khow i will pay for the saver day pass ! have a nice day!!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 December 2017 at 10:10:10 #872816
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 13:05:54 #872817

Hi Anna,

>> i read somewher that after the train to zermatt i cable car or little bus will come to get us to the centre of zermatt…will i have a discount there ? (always without having tha half fare card )

The railway station in Zermatt is located in the centre of the village, so you can just set off on foot from the railway station to explore the village.

There are indeed little electric buses that run loops around the village, but they are mainly useful for people whose accommodation is in the more far-flung corners of the village, people carrying equipment or luggage, or people with limited mobility. If you do decide to use them, they are covered by your Saver Day Pass, as they are village buses, not mountain transport.

If you decide to go on the Gornergrat railway (which is not covered by your Saver Day Pass), the Gornergrat valley station is right across the road from Zermatt railway station. The cableway to Klein Matterhorn (also not covered by your Saver Day Pass) is at the other end of the village, but easy to walk to.

If you just want to walk around the village, there is information in my post of Dec 12, 2017 – 3:13 AM on the followng page that might be useful:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/visiting-brig-and-chur-making-the-most-of-it

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Is the Saver Day Pass valid for Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11110 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.