2 for 1 offer Swiss Regional Pass

• Arno
    15483 posts
    6 April 2012 at 13:19:29 #805604

Dear travelers,

Our partner Switzerland Travel Centre has an interesting offer if you plan to travel in a specific Swiss region in Spring or Fall of 2012. If you purchase one of the regional passes listed below, you get a free pass for each second adult.

Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland – 7 days, 2nd class

graubündenPASS – 7 days, 2nd class

Adventure Card Upper Valais – Uri – Grisons – 2 days, 2nd class

Tell-Pass7 days, 2nd class

Regional-Pass Lake Geneva – Alps – 5 days, 2nd class

This offer is only valid for the passes listed above.

How to order
    Please note that you only need to order one (1) Regional Pass and enter a start date within the time frames listed above. You will then be asked whether the offer should be applied to your purchase. If you choose to do so, you’ll receive one extra Regional Pass with the same start date, at no cost. You can only order through the links listed above. This offer is not for sale in Switzerland.

Customers from the UK and Ireland will enjoy low shipping rates. All other customers can save on shipping rates by having the passes sent to their hotel rather than their country of residence.

We hope you’ll enjoy the Alps even more this way!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2012 at 4:31:59 #837126

thanks, i forgot where i posted my question on the promotion for Jungfrau Pass. I understand that there is a 6 days Jungfrau Centenary Pass available for purchase, where can i buy that from singapore agent ? or if not any official sites? i cant find any info from your website. thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    10 April 2012 at 4:36:52 #837127

Hi shirl! Your question has been answered in this previous topic.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2012 at 18:42:31 #837128

Hi –

I can’t get the Bernese Oberland Regional 2-for-1 promotion to work when we click the link to purchase from swissrailways.com. Your website says that the pass is valid for travel between May 1 – 31, but the website to purchase says that the pass is valid for June 1 – 30. http://www.swissrailways.com/userdata_regiopass.php?regiopassid=8&affiliateid=23&system=CH&lang=en . Either way, I cannot get the 2-for-1 discount to apply for our trip, which is from May 26 – 31. Is there a trick to get the discount to apply?

Your speedy reply is appreciated, as we are leaving for our trip in a week and need to order the rail pass asap!

Many thanks.

Bryant

Annika
    7116 posts
    14 May 2012 at 4:43:31 #837129

Hello Bryant, and welcome! The 2 for 1 offer on the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is valid for May, not June. STC mentions this at their promotion overview, so the date at their order page seems to be wrong. We are aware that there’s an error in the STC order system currently. We contacted STC yesterday when we found out about this, and we expect the problem to be solved quickly. We’ll post back here as soon as we have more information.

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 May 2012 at 16:08:19 #837130

Dear visitors. We are sorry to let you know that the technical errors haven’t been solved by STC yet. They are still working on it. We will let you know as soon as the problems are fixed. Although we can’t do much about it, we do apologize for the inconvenience. The 2 for 1 regional pass promotion is a great deal and we hope you’re able to order again as soon as possible.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 May 2012 at 10:08:56 #837131

Hello all,

We’ll continue our updates about the technical issues of STC in this new topic.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2012 at 0:33:30 #837132

I am considering the purchase of these 2-for-1 regional passes. I have follow-up questions:
    1. Does the start date have to be fixed in advance?
    If yes, can I change it later without penalty? I’d like to maintain flexibility in my travel plan.
    2. Do I have to be outside Switzerland to buy this? I will travel with my passport to that I am not a Swiss resident.
    3. What is the internet purchase process like? Does the pass have to mailed to me (this takes too much time) or can I print it out from the computer? If this must be mailed to me, then can I request that it is mailed to a friend’s address in Switzerland? I am leaving the USA in less than 10 days.

Thanks!

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 May 2012 at 10:38:29 #837133

Hello Hundtrav! Yes, you have to fill out your start date when ordering, and that will be printed on the pass as the start of the validity period. You don’t have to be outside of Switzerland to buy the pass, as long as you do it online and enter a billing address outside of Switzerland. You can have the pass delivered to your friend’s address in Switzerland and fill out your home address in the US as billing address. Ten days will more than enough to arrange for this (provided that STC fixes its technical errors in time).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2012 at 0:55:21 #837134

I had some questions about the differences between the Swiss Card, Swiss Pass, and 1/2 Fare Travel Card.

is the swiss card and 1/2 fare the same except that it includes roundtrip train to resort?

The swiss pass gives you free train and discount on trains connecting to other countries?

Im traveling from Munich to Lucern to Interlokken to Milan. Do any of the passes cover any travel from Munich? How about from Spiez to Milan?

Are there any differences between the cards as to whats included with regards to gondolas, funiculars and mountain trains?

Thank You

Annika
    7116 posts
    31 May 2012 at 2:19:05 #837135

Hello darrendo! Would you mind creating a new topic for your question first? It’s not related to this topic on the 2 for 1 offer on regional passes, and separate topics for non-related questions help to keep the forum understandable for all visitors. Thank you :-)!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2012 at 11:21:42 #837136

Hi,

I am traveling to switzerland with my wife from 17th Sep 2012 to 21st Sep 2012. Below would be my itinerary.

17th London to Swiss
    18th Mt titls
    19th JungFrau
    20th Milan/venice
    21st back to swiss
    22nd Back to London

Please help me in planning my trip by answering the below queries.

What would be the cost of 2 for 1 swiss pass?
    Is it worth buying 2 for 1 swiss pass?
    Do I need to reserver the rail seats in advance?
    Can I travel to Mt titlis and JungFrau using 2 for 1 swiss pass?
    Can I travel to Milan or Venice using 2 for 1 swiss pass? If no is there any other pass for Italy as well? Is it worth buying?

Thanks,
    Ramit

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 August 2012 at 11:52:46 #837137

Hi Ramit and welcome to MySwissAlps,

All details, including prices and a map of the covered network, are listed on the Swiss Pass page. You’ve posted in the topic about the 2 for 1 offer on Swiss regional passes. That’s a different pass than the Swiss Pass, which covers all of Switzerland. Please check this topic for the 2 for 1 promotion on the Swiss Pass. It seems like a good deal for you, but you can calculate the savings exactly if you want. You don’t need to book seats for most trains in Switzerland. Details can be found here. You need another pass or separate tickets for Italy. Please let us know where you’re from if you want more detailed suggestions on such a pass.

The current topic is not related to your questions, so please post further questions and comments in the topic about the 2 for 1 promotion on the Swiss Pass, or create a new topic. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2012 at 5:55:54 #837138

Hi,
    I have question regarding the delivery time of Berner Oberland Pass.
    I have just ordered the Berner Oberland Pass online. After completed the ordering procedures (in step 6 FINISH), I was told the Pass will be shipped out approximately 2 till 3 weeks prior to departure. Is it possible to deliver the pass to me in an earlier date (before September)?

This is because I will be travelling to Europe in early September from Singapore. So I will not be able to receive the pass and bring it to Switzerland.

FYI. The delivery address is in Singapore and the pass date is on 23.09.2012. Meaning the pass will only be shipped out 2nd Sep onwards.

Who should I contact if I would like to have th pass deliver to me earlier?

Thank you.

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 August 2012 at 2:24:44 #837139

Hello yului83. You can best contact the reseller, Swiss Railways/Switzerland Travel Centre, directly to ask for an earlier delivery date.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2012 at 6:20:25 #837140

Hi,
    Thanks for the advice.
    I have sent my request and already received my pass 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2012 at 16:43:36 #837141

I have already purchased the Swiss 2 for 1 pass and I am in the process of orderig 2 for 1 regional pass. Please tell me when ordering should I select the option of Swiss Pass (inc Swiss flexi pass) or adult. I see the price is different for Swiss pass and adult. Secondly, when requesting the pass to be mailed to my hotel, how safe is this option. What happens if I don’t get the pass while in Switzerland. Your reply is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 August 2012 at 2:40:22 #837142

Hi tinachan,

At swissrailways.com, you can select the Swiss Pass option if you have a valid Swiss pass while using your Regional Pass. That will give you an additional discount on the Regional Pass. Mailing to the hotel is safe but of course a 100% garantuee can never be provided. You can best inform the hotel about the parcel to be delivered. In rare cases where it does not reach the recipient, it usually will be sent back to the reseller and they provide a refund.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2012 at 14:43:06 #837143

Hi,
    I have recently purchased 2 of the Berner oberland regional passes with the buy one get one free offer. The company I purchased them from didn’t ask me for a start date for them, although they did for the transfer tickets I ordered at the same time. I am a bit concerned that the validity date on the regional passes is from the 1st of September and we won’t be using them until the 9th. I have checked this with the supplier and they say that the passes are valid for any 7 day period in the 1st September to 31st October period.
    Can you confirm this for me as I am still a bit uneasy about it. I would not be happy to have our passes rejected at the start of our holiday!

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 August 2012 at 17:11:52 #837144

Hi benrudd1,

Any reseller can decide for themselves whether to print a start date on passes or not. Without start dates, there should be a blank field on the pass to fill out the date. If you already posses the pass you can check for that. So this could very well be alright but it depends on the reseller.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2012 at 1:41:13 #837145

Hi

I am planing to visit Swiss for 6days during September, and planning to buy 4days Swiss pass as well. My question is to get offer for Swiss pass should it be within that selected period of the pass? Please explain. Assume I consume Swiss pass first 4 days, and I need to go Mt Pilatus, Titlis, or Top of Europe at 5th day, then will I get discount for used Swiss pass.

Can I buy 2 for 1 Swiss Pass at Swiss railway station, or need to buy through online, if so how many days will take to send to UAE (Dubai).
    Are there differences 2 for 1 offer Swiss pass and Swiss pass? If so what are the differences.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Regional Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.