4 day Trip to switerzland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2014 at 17:59:26 #806364

I am planning to take a trip to Switzerland in next couple of Weeks for 4 days .

1 nights each in Zurich, , Interlaken. Luzern and Geneva. I’ll catch my Departure flight to Chicago from Geneva .

My tentative plan is as follows;. . What kind of pass should i get . I am travelling with my wife and 2 kids . One is 10years old and the other 1 year old

Day 1)Zurich city tour on my own. Kindly suggest must see places. I’ll be reaching around 4.30pm only, so kindly suggest accordingly. Can I go to Rhine fall ?

.Day 2) Travel to Luzern. Sightseeing. Please suggest.) Luzern to Engenberg to mt. Titlis.

3) Jungfrajoch via Interlaken. Which side should i get ot Jungraugh from ? Ost from Wengen. Please let me know if my Swiss pass will cover my travel for free u. Also let me know from where I can purchase the tickets to jungfrau, online or at the site, which would be better.

Day 4) Interlaken to geneva Travel to Luzern. Sightseeing. Check out at 1pm and proceed to. Mayb I could go for more sightseeing before my flight. Please suggest.Appreciating your reply at the earliest.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 May 2014 at 6:10:37 #839951

Hi ghuria,

A 4-day Swiss Saver Pass would be a good option, but a Swiss Half Fare Card may work out cheaper. The only way to tell is to first have a detailed itinerary and then do the math as explained here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Day 1: the Rhine Fall would not be the best choice that late in the day. See here for how to get there and what to expect. I would rather recommend a boat trip, or just explore the old town center and the Bahnhofstrasse. Also see the Zurich page please.

Day 2: See here please:

Day 3: A Swiss Pass covers part of the trip (to Wengen/Grindelwald) for free and the rest is 25% off. A Swiss Half Fare Card includes 50% off on everything. Further information is here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch

Day 4: I don’t understand your plans, but you can check the pages about Lucerne (see above) and Geneva: http://www.myswissalps.com/geneva

I hope this gets you started!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2014 at 21:49:06 #839952

1. If there is not much to do in Zurich.. do you suggest we stay in Luzen on Day 1.

2. Can you help us suggest how where should be stay in interlaken and then which side should be go o Mt Jungfrajoch from interlaken

3. What cable cars are covered with swiss pass or the half fare card

4. Is there something that cane be done in Geneva @ night after 7:00 pm

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 May 2014 at 11:54:29 #839953

Hi ghuria,

1. It’s just that most museums and attractions close at the end of the afternoon/beginning of evening. That goes for all towns. But since you only have a few days time, it may indeed be good to focus on Lucerne and have more time there. See here for what you can do.

2. Yes, suggested hotels are here on the Interlaken page. The trip to the Jungfraujoch is described in detail on the page I gave you in my previous post. Did you read the various tabs?

3. Please see the pages I gave you about those passes. Download the map to see what’s covered.

4. You can walk around the lake and see the famous fountain for example. A detailed overview is here.

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 May 2014 at 8:50:26 #839954

Hi ghuria,

Just a quick follow up to be sure you have noticed our post about the new Swiss Pass promo ($50 discount). See here for details: http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html

• The thread ‘4 day Trip to switerzland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.