Detailed itinerary – 9 day holiday in Switzerland

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2016 at 14:34:40 #849841

Thank you Vasudha for the tips and the offer to extend your contact details, appreciated very much. Yes we are fexible and the food options you mentioned will work for us perfectly fine, will do the same. I am not particular about Indian food or Indian restaurants (don’t mind trying it out). I would love to try the local bread , croissants and chocolates etc. If I have any more specific questions will reach out to you in the same thread.

Onceagain thank you Annika for this great website and forum threads, initially I was a bit nervous and had no clue about Switzerland, being newbie but the more I am reading your site and forums, the more comfortable I am now. That was the reason instead of flooding with lot of silly and repetitive questions requested direct contact being new and not mean personal emails but more of a generic direct contact. When I tried my friends and families not many been to Switzerland , thought they had been to rest of Europe, I was previously browsing trip advisor but very limited over there. Once I complete my trip I will post my trip details and will try to help out you by answering some of the reader questions in future..

Keep up the good work

Thanks, Chandra

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 May 2016 at 14:53:29 #849842

I’m glad to hear our website is helpful for you Chandra! Feel free to post a trip report here, we’re looking forward to it. You still have some time before you go, so any further questions are welcome too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2016 at 15:18:29 #849843

Thank you so much for the detailed description of Jungfraujoch! It was exactly the information I was looking for.

And thank you for the tip about looking for the bicycle sign on train cars to make it easier with luggage!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2016 at 16:23:39 #849844

Chandra and Canadarocks, glad to have been of help. Happy planning to you both and I will answer any questions that you post on this thread.

Chandra, infact if you would have specific questions that you think I might be able to answer you could leave a message for me on Facebook.

Regards,Vasudha Gulyam

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2016 at 22:21:51 #849845

Hi Vasudha, I posted my itinery in the miscellaneous forum , I would appreciate if you could take a look at and see if we missed anything you think of worth to include and any fine tuning and improvements appreciated Thanks Chandra

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2016 at 0:54:42 #849846

Hi Vasudha, I just returned and posted my trip report, thought of letting you know

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2017 at 1:51:58 #849847

A great trip report Vasudha. It’s been about a year now that you visited and wrote your report, so I’m not sure if you are still checking your responses. I was wanting to ask about the boat ride on Lake Lucerne. Are these excursions not covered on the half-fare card (50% off)? We are thinking perhaps that’s the route we’d like to take, purchasing a half-fare card. I also see that the WTell pass is the only pass that allows free access to Titlis (which is what we’re hoping to take) and the cable car ride? Something we’ll have to consider for sure. Many thanks in advance.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 March 2017 at 8:12:00 #849848

Hi Loretta,

What’s covered by the various passes can be found on their maps:

Indeed the Swiss Half Fare Card gets you 50% off of the boat tickets. The Tell-Pass and Swiss Travel Pass include free unlimited boat rides. The Swiss Travel Pass also includes Mount Rigi and Pilatus for free. And indeed, the Tell-Pass even includes Mount Titlis for free.

Feel free to post to the Rail forum for more questions about passes if needed.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2017 at 18:53:02 #849849

Hi Loretta,

Thank you for your kind words, feels good to know that more than a year after I wrote the trip report it’s still being read and hopefully useful to travellers.

Like Arno has explained the Half fare card offers a 50℅off on the Lucerne boat trip as well but thanks to this site I was aware of the winter offer of free William Tell pass (entitling us to have 100% discounted boat rides, train rides amongst other benefits) by many hotels in the region, including the hotel where we had booked. That’s how we ended up travelling at zero cost in the region.

Happy planning and have a good holiday.

Regards, Vasudha

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The thread ‘Detailed itinerary – 9 day holiday in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.