Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2019 at 10:35:22 #897404

Excellent. Thank you Arno. Now I know where I am.

and thanks for web site. A lot of useful information for our trip.

Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    26 June 2019 at 8:14:56 #897405

Hi Mr Arno,

I’m not very understand about , The Swiss Travel Pass, is it true not all the route journey is free ? such as Jungfraujoch. The route from Grinderlwald to Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch. With STP , you still need to pay at CHF 160.60. I though all the train route journey is free. Except pay entrance fee at Jungfraujoch , CHF 91. (STP @ CHF 68.25 -25% discount).

I still budgeting my plan for year 2020.

Need advise. Thank you.

Angel Lum

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 June 2019 at 9:43:13 #897406

Hi Angel,

There is no entrance fee, but you need a ticket to reach Jungfraujoch. The price is CHF 164.00 to 214.00, depending on the season. With the Swiss Travel Pass you will pay CHF 123.00 to 160.50. More information can be found here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2019 at 9:18:56 #897407

Hi Arno,

I will be buying the swiss travel pass. I understand that The Glacier Express is mandatory to make reservation and it’s also recommended to make reservation for Golden pass or Lucern Express during peak season in Aug. Is that true?

I tried to buy via SBB mobile apps, but there is not price option for Swiss Travel Pass holder, only Half Fare Travel pass, GA Travel Card (not sure what card is this) and other day passes available. How do I go about making reservations in advance?

It showed CHF75 for the one way ticket.

Please advise..

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 June 2019 at 13:37:28 #897408

Hi Anna,

You’ll find reservation information and links to book seats here:

The SBB app is geared to Swiss residents, so you will not find tourist passes in there. Just use it to get train schedules, and see the above links to book seats.

Please post further questions in a new thread, as this one is only about the promotion. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2019 at 4:14:51 #897409

Hi Arno,
    Sorry I post on new thread, however I was told that the below link is the only place to book seat reservation?

shop.glacierexpress.ch

I had however used the link u have given above and bought the 2 seat reservation from st Moritz to zermatt on 19 Aug 19.

http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /passholder-fares-glacier-express

But there is not seat allocated n no seat number provided. Please advice did I just bought wrong booking? It costed me chf 106 for that. 🙁
    Please help

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 June 2019 at 6:37:44 #897410

Hi Anna,

Reservations can be booked from various websites. Both websites you mentioned can be found from the page I referred to. Both are fine, no worries. Note that you will receive the actual reservation within one business day, and that should show the coach and seat number.

Please post further questions in a new thread as requested before!

Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    28 June 2019 at 8:51:33 #897411

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the information.

Angel7105

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2019 at 4:57:23 #897412

How is a day pass for 50$ compared to a half card

Mostly location will cost about 30$ on way then back then if you’re taking a cable or let’s say travel from eiger to Wengen & & grindelwald & interlaken. So it’s a fee for each place

Is I’m mistaken

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 July 2019 at 13:55:38 #897413

Hi Mark718,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Please post this in a new thread. We’re only discussing one specific promotion here. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2019 at 3:05:10 #897414

Hello, all

I am sorry to be so dense. I’ve been planning this family trip to London/Paris/Switzerland for so long my head is spinning over details.

I do not understand what I am saving by using the promotion. Do I get a free ticket to Jungfraujoch? It says a free RESERVATION, but what does that mean?

I am planning to buy 3 Swiss Rail Passes and want to go to Jungfraujoch, but I just don’t know the cheapest way to do it. This promotion is boggling my brain.

Thank you so much!

Kendra

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2019 at 6:01:05 #897415

Hi Kendra,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You will need to buy the Swiss Travel Pass and ticket to Jungfraujoch. What you get for free is the seat reservation and the Swiss Coupon Pass. I have slightly modified the text under “This is how it works” in my original post at http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/free-reservations-to-jungfraujoch-more-discounts. I hope that helps.

Further pass prices and promotions are here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2019 at 6:40:01 #897416

Arno,

Thanks! I’m even more confused now than I was before, as I think I messed something up.

I need to get from PARIS-WENGEN

Then have 7 days around WENGEN, including a trip to Jungfraujoch

Then return WENGEN-PARIS

For some reason, I had thought that a Swiss Rail Pass would get me from Paris-Wengen… although that doesn’t make much sense now that I think about it. So then I thought we could take train from Paris-Bern and then go on Bernese Oberland pass and get the discount for Jungfraujoch. Now i honestly don’t know what to do. We leave in 8 days and I’m ready to have a meltdown as I’m so confused by all of this.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2019 at 7:36:10 #897417

Hi Kendra,

It all depends on your plans in Wengen. Will it be day trips in the region, wide region, only hikes from the village and relaxing? Once you know your plans you can do the math as explained here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass. The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is not a bad idea I think: http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and. Additionally you would need tickets from Paris: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france.

If you need more help, please post the details of your trip in a new thread. This thread is only to discuss the promotion. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2019 at 14:26:55 #897418

And for staying 2 days in Wengen region

Whsts the best pass that cover all besides Jungfraujoch

Or even that’s included

Thanks for help

Day pass is not all included

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 July 2019 at 14:54:06 #897419

Hi mark718, would you please post your questions in a new thread, as asked by Arno before? This discussion is about this specific promotion only. If you need help on how to start a new topic, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding!

Madri
    Participant
    6 posts
    7 July 2019 at 17:01:52 #897420

Hi

I’m planning to buy the promotion for Sept 2019 of the Swiss Travel Card and Jungfraujoch ticket. My question is this: It asks me for a date for the Jungfraujoch ticket, but from what I’ve read in all the advice on this website, I should wait and see if the weather is good? (I will be spending 4 days in Wengen). I cannot see that the Jungfraujoch ticket allows you to change the dates once we are there? What would you suggest? Do we buy this ticket as part of the promotion, or rather wait to see the weather?

Thanks Madri

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 July 2019 at 6:25:57 #897421

Hi Madri,

If you want to wait for the weather forecasts then it’s best to buy no more than 1 to 2 days in advance. The Jungfraujoch ticket for this promotion has a fixed date, so buying it together with the Swiss Travel Pass may not be a good idea if you want to be flexible with your date.

Other Swiss Travel Pass promotions can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/promotio ns.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2019 at 12:55:43 #897422

Hi Arno,

Similar to what Madri is asking, I plan to buy the STP online and will check out the weather until I arrive at Interlaken then only buy the Jungfraujoch ticket. It would not be much a problem if I were to only buy the ticket at Interlaken OST station in the morning before I depart right? We will be there during 1st week of September. The promotion wouldn’t be applicable by then right since we did not buy it online.

Thanks,

Colin

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 August 2019 at 14:40:05 #897423

Hi Colin,

That’s correct. If you’d rather wait until you know what’s weather is like, you’d best buy your Jungfraujoch ticket once you’re there. Doing so on the morning you leave won’t be a problem. The promotion won’t be valid, as this only goes for a purchase of both the ticket as well as the Swiss Travel Pass through this particular online retailer. You can get your Swiss Travel Pass from http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price, and check possible other promotions using the link Arno provided in his previous answer.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 164 total)
  • The thread ‘Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.