Apr 18, 2019 - 6:24 PM
To get your questions answered quickly, please take a minute to read the below frequently asked questions and answers.
Which rail pass is best for me?
What is included in my rail pass?
Where should I buy my rail pass?
How do I find ticket prices for cable cars and mountain trains?
How do I book trains in Switzerland?
- You don't need to book specific trains within Switzerland. You can board any train you like, as long as you hold a valid pass or ticket. Seat reservations are not necessary, except for a few panoramic trains.
How do I book trains from France, Italy and other countries to Switzerland?
I purchased a rail pass, when will I receive it?
- Please note that we do not sell passes (or anything else). You will need to check with the company you purchased from. It is very likely one of the companies in our lists of trusted retailers, like here for the Swiss Travel Pass: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. Before you contact them, please check your e-mail spam folder as digital passes or other information concerning your purchase may have ended up there.
What time does my train leave and how long does the trip take?
- Please enter your point of departure and arrival in the timetable.
I only have a few minutes to connect between trains, will that work?
- No problem, changing trains in minutes is part of the efficient transport system. Our timetable page explains this in more detail.
Will my train or cable car operate on the day I plan to be there?
Should I travel by train or rent a car?
- Trains and other public transport are the best way to explore Switzerland. It is safe, convenient and eco-friendly. Only in rare cases we recommend to travel by car. Please find details here: www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain.
How do I find the answer to other questions?
- MySwissAlps offers much more than the forum. Please use the search box and the menu in the top of the website to find all our tips about planning a trip to Switzerland.
Do you have any questions left?
You are welcome to submit a post here: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rail. We'll be glad to help you out. Before posting, please read our forum rules if you are new to the MySwissAlps forum: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules.
You'll find more frequently asked questions here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/forum/topic/plea se-read-these-faqs-before-you-post-1.
Last modified on Oct 16, 2020 - 10:48 AM by Annika