Jungfrau region skydiving trip January, bad idea?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Zack
Zack
1 post
Dec 17, 2018 - 4:20 PM

Hi all, I'm a solo traveller.

I've been doing a lot of research today as I'd like to start the year 2019 with a bang and go skydiving (www.skydiveinterlaken. ch/index.php/en/prices -en) in Jungfrau.

I'm currently trying to weigh up whether this is a bad idea though as it is winter time. I've seen mixed opinions regarding the weather in January, but I love hiking so snowshoe hiking is something I'm looking at doing. In short, my little trip would be made up of my skydive, hiking and some sightseeing.

1) How does my trip sound for the time of year?

2) I'm having difficulty deciding where to stay, I would much rather stay in a hostel (it's cheap) so Interlaken seems like the best choice but I've heard that Interlaken itself is not very interesting.

Grindelwald, Wengen and Murren seem to be the "best" places but I can't find many hostels here.

Lauterbrunnen sounds like a good compromise, but again I've heard mixed things about it in the winter due to it's tucked away location....so some thoughts on this would be helpful.

Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
10261 posts
expert &
Dec 18, 2018 - 7:25 AM in reply to Zack

Hi Zack and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are hostels in Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen that we recommend. Any of those towns are nice I think at any time of year. Lauterbrunnen can get a little dark I suppose in the winter as it is in the valley.
You'll find them listed on our hotel suggestion pages below:

Interlaken isn't as picturesque as the other, smaller Swiss villages but it offers great train connections around the region and country if that is important.

You'll have the opportunity to do some winter hiking and or snowshoeing certainly. Some trails are closed in the winter but some are groomed for winter hikes - best to check when you are there with the tourist information office to see what is open.

I can't say about winter sky diving being a good or bad idea - must be ok if they are open. :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019