4 day trip advice – Landing in Zurich on 29th May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2014 at 18:10:41 #806398

Hi All,

I am planning for a 4 day trip in swiss. Landing in Zurich on 29th May morning. and returning from Zurich on 1st June at 20:30. We are a couple and would like to enjoy the beauty of Alps and mountains around and have a peaceful holiday. Please advise for the best itinerary and the suitable railpass i should buy. I do not have enough time and rely on the inputs received from all you experienced travellers and admin on planning a succesful trip.

Appreciate your time and help in this regard.

Thanks

Muthu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 May 2014 at 7:04:15 #840085

Hi Muthu, welcome to our website!

I would pick one base town and do day trips from there. Lucerne is really nice and close to Zurich. It’s a larger, lively town with lots of options for sightseeing, even if the weather is bad (the forecast shows a mixed weather type). You can also go the Bernese Oberland, e.g. Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Mürren or Wengen, which is more amidst nature. Mürren and Wengen are car free, so really quiet.

Without knowing your plans, it’s hard to advice for the best rail pass. You can’t really go wrong with a Swiss Half Fare Card, which gets you 50% off all transport. For free traveling around Lucerne, the Tell-Pass is the best choice. For free traveling in the Bernese Oberland, pick the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland.

See the town, regional and pass pages for all details like hotel suggestions and day trips suggestions. And this page helps you to plan.

Please be sure to read the forum rules as requested when you post. Posting your question multiple times in all forums is not allowed so I removed your other posts.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2014 at 7:37:24 #840086

Thank You admin!

I am thinking to cover Rhine Falls and Lucerne on Day 1.

Cover Jungfrau, travel on golden pass train and see the top of europe and may be another peak travel which you can advise.

Please let me know if this will help to advise a plan for us.

Thanks Muthu

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 May 2014 at 13:51:06 #840087

Hi Muthu,

Well, I can tell you what I would do: start with a few days in Grindelwald and visit the Jungfraujoch on Saturday morning as the weather forecast looks good for that day. In the mid afternoon transfer to Zurich via the Golden Pass line, perhaps with dinner in Lucerne along the way. Then spend Sunday going to the Rhine Falls and a few hours in Zurich.

In Grindelwald I would book a room in the Derby Hotel, right next to the rail station to the Jungfrau. More hotels are here. In Zurich I would take a hotel close to the airport and to a rail station too, to make most of the day: Allegra in Kloten is such an hotel. More of them are here.

Please note that we don’t create detailed itineraries here (our partner can do so, but not one day before departure). This website has been designed to help people to plan their trip, and then ask questions based on that in the forum. The above should help though. I hope it does!

• The thread ‘4 day trip advice – Landing in Zurich on 29th May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.