How to access Mount First activities?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2019 at 18:08:51 #822679

We Will be visiting jungfraujoch from interlaken, online boking route shows as follows

Interlaken Ost -Jungfraujoch

Via via Grindelwald o Lauterbrunnen – Kleine Scheidegg

Where do we do activities like FIRST FLYER,FIRST GLIDER & MOUNTAIN CART. Do we have to stop in between or head straight to jungfraujoch . Any activities in Grindelwald ??

All help is appreciated, we will be by ourselves without any guide or tour package. This is our first time and would like to cover as much as possible as we will start early in the day.

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    5 July 2019 at 18:25:48 #917011

Hi ricky76,

The First Flyer and mountain carts are accessible from First, a mountain top near Grindelwald, to be reached by cable car. If I were you, I’d first travel up to Jungfraujoch via the Lauterbrunnen-Wengen route, get down via Grindelwald after your visit (myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/gettingthere), and then take the cable car to First for the activities you mentioned in the afternoon. The timetable allows you to plan your trips: myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2019 at 19:02:08 #917012

Thanks Annika, you mean go jungfraujoch via Lauterbrunnen-Wengen but return via Grindelwald.

1) Also you mentioned get down from jungfraujoch via grindelwald ( we get down by train or how do we get down),

2) So i have to mention my routes at the ticket office while purchasing tickets

3) is better to buy return tickets from interlaken or i can buy the return ticket at jungfraujoch

Thanks again

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 5:12:57 #917013

There is no need to pre buy any of these tickets. Jungfrau is weather dependant so it’s much better to buy the Jungfrau tickets on the day or the day before. None of the other trains you mention need buying before the day.

1) train

2) yes. Even if you have a Swiss travel pass there is some extra to pay in these routes.

3) I’d buy them in one got at interlaken to save time at the ticket office.

Annika
    7125 posts
    6 July 2019 at 10:42:37 #917014

Hi ricky76,

In addition to paddington’s correct answers, here is some additional information.

1) Please refer to myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/gettingthere, explaining about the train route Jungfraujoch-Grindelwald.

2) Yes, that’s the way to go. If you have a rail pass, (parts of) the route will be discounted. Each of our rail pass pages have a “Validity” tab explaining what’s covered and disounted. From your previous topic at myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/need-help-in-choosing-right-rail-pass-itineary I understand that you’ll be using a Swiss Half Fare Card, meaning that pretty much all of your trips require the purchase of 50% discounted tickets. Please see myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard.

Mark
    Participant
    805 posts
    6 July 2019 at 11:49:26 #917015

Hi ricky

Note the First Flyer is accessed from First but the mountain carts and trottibikes are rented from mid- stations on the way up to First. I believe the mountain carts are at Schreckfeld and trottibikes at Bort.

Mark

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 13:27:00 #917016

Thanks Annika yes planning to buy swiss half fare card when i reach zurich airport on july 10th along with the tickets to interlaken & will try for harder kulm that eve & next day we planning to buy the jungfrau tickets depending on the weather . On the 12th after paragliding in interlaken we go luzern city and on 13th we plan to buy titlis tickets & back to zurich airport on 14th. Any suggestion for titlis like you suggested routes & activities for jungfrau

Please suggest if above plans are possible for 2 adults &1 child(10 year old girl) provided weather is good.for jungfrau & titlis

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 13:27:33 #917017

Thanks Mark

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 13:33:18 #917018

Thanks Paddington, i see suggest to buy tickets at one go to save time, How long are the tickets valid for?can we use the tickets for different timings if we take some time to return . Also is it ok to buy interlaken tickets and swiss half fare card once we reach zurich airport

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 14:12:58 #917019

Also any chance of getting golden pass line ticket from interlaken to lucerne route only. If yes,Is there any difference between golden pass line & regular train other than the price for this route, is it worth to pay the difference for this route

Annika
    7125 posts
    6 July 2019 at 15:10:10 #917020

Hi ricky76,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 17:09:33 #917021

Thanks Annika,i dont see tickets for just the Golden Pass leg between Interlaken and Lucerne in the links you mentoned,its showing regular local trains though, i did manage to find it in raileurope.com, dont know how reliable it is

Also are the rail tickets valid for 24 hours , not sure about our timings ,so should i buy tickets just before boarding the train. What happens if i buy a ticket online for a specific time and am unable to make it at the ticketed time

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 July 2019 at 18:10:50 #917022

Hi Ricky,

Those trains are fine. All trains from Interlaken to Lucerne are the same. Golden Pass is just a route name, you don’t need a particular train.

Only Supersaver tickets are for a specific train, the others are valid for any train on the day you purchase for: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland.

All websites listed on the pages Annika and I linked to are reliable, no worries.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 18:19:28 #917023

Lol. Thanks Arno. but the raileurope.com was more than SBB for that leg and mentioned golden pass line,thought the difference was for the panoramic train

So once i buy a rail ticket can i board anytime as i see online has timings .can i use a purchased ticket for different timing

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 July 2019 at 18:22:35 #917024

Sure you can, unless you buy a Supersaver ticket. Just don’t and you’ll be fine 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 18:24:48 #917025

but the raileurope.com shows a few $$$ more than SBB for the leg interlaken to lucerne and mentioned golden pass line,thought the difference was for the panoramic train

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 19:06:11 #917026

Also i just booked swiss half fare card with rail europe.com and just got only the booking number by email it says will take 5 business days to confirm order but we flying out on 09th july will have no access to emails or printer

Any suggestions

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 July 2019 at 14:14:15 #917027

Hi Ricky76,

I’m sorry to hear that! Their website explains that they issue it as a paper ticket, so it needs to be shipped: https://www.raileurope .com/pass/swiss-half-fare-card-8025. With a departure on short notice it’s best to order from a retailer who e-mails the Swiss Half Fare Card immediately, like https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/swiss-half-fare-card. All purchase options are listed on the page that Annika gave you: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price.

You can best contact Rail Europe to check if they expect it to arrive before you leave, or to check how to cancel it if it does not arrive in time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 15:09:27 #917028

Dear Arno

The order said print at home, also i have attached screenshot .But now am confused as you saying it needs to be shipped. and screenshot also showing shipping info. If its going to be shipped its almost impossible for me to receive as even a international priority fedex envelope takes 2 working days from usa to my resident country sint maarten and we leaving on tuesday.

I did send email to them requesting urgent and havent heard from them may be due to weekend..If i get a phone number i can talk to them and get it solved.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 July 2019 at 17:09:09 #917029

Hi Ricky,

It’s weird that it said print@home in your case. Do mention that to them when you contact them. Perhaps they do have a way to email it and all will be fine. You’ll find contact details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/raileur ope.

Please let us know what they tell you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 17:34:14 #917030

Thanks.Will do. They closed today

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The thread ‘How to access Mount First activities?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.