6 day Swiss travel plan help (summer)

6 day Swiss travel plan help (summer)

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sandhuctr
sandhuctr
29 posts
Dec 31, 2017 - 3:13 PM

Hi Swiss team

I want to come here for six days with my wife I did little research I will buy swiss travel pass for 8 days looks nice option my iterny will be like this

day1 morning I will reach zurich at 7 am wil directly go to Grindelwald I will stay there for 3 nights will cover Lauterbrunnen Wengen Murren and if weather good then junghfru

2 then will go zermat for 1 night

3 will stay 1 night at Interlaken will go to Gstaad and zweisimmen

4 will reach Lucerne 1 night

And day 7 ready for Toronto from Zurich

I have some questions

With swiss travel pass 2 class I can go to zermat without any reservations

I have to choose date in-between June July or August which month has less chance of rain

Thanks

Aman

Lucas
Lucas
8833 posts
expert &
Dec 31, 2017 - 5:03 PM in reply to sandhuctr

Hi Aman,

With 3 nights planned in Grindelwald you won't need that extra night in Interlaken. I would add it to perhaps Zermatt or Luzern (Zermatt is a bit of a trip from Grindelwald for just 1 night). Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips.

Yes, travel to Zermatt is included on the Swiss Travel Pass. Some of the trips in Zermatt are further discounted (50%) such as Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn.

July or August should work - with perhaps August being the best option for a better chance of clear skies and nice weather.
Lucas

Last modified on Dec 31, 2017 - 5:06 PM by Lucas
sandhuctr
sandhuctr
29 posts
Jan 1, 2018 - 11:06 PM

Hi Lucas

I already got a good deal from Air Canada and booked vacation for 6 days from 19 August to 25

I have question if I have to travel from Grindelwald to Zermat with swiss travel pass second class I need reservations or not I can sit and go I check on zvv fahrplan it's showing change trains information looks good

Second question I have I will go here in grocery store or restaurants I have to bring cash or they accept credit cards in these cities

Thanks again for information

Aman

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Jan 2, 2018 - 8:18 AM in reply to sandhuctr

Hi Aman,

There's no need for reservations. Please be aware that the timetables show the quickest connections by default. That means that between Interlaken and Zermatt you would normally travel via the tunnel connecting Spiez on the northern side of the mountain range and Brig on the southern side. If you don't mind a longer journey and prefer scenic views, the regional Lötschberger train, that winds its way through the mountains, is a nice alternative. Enter 'Goppenstein' as a via-station in the Swiss timetable to get details on this route.

Credit cards and debit cards are widely accepted in Switzerland. I would however bring some cash, which can be obtained from ATMs in Switzerland. Some smaller shops, like the bakery in my village, don't accept any cards. More information about how to pay in Switzerland can be found on the web page here.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018