6 day Swiss travel plan help (summer)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2017 at 15:13:02 #813904

Hi Swiss team

I want to come here for six days with my wife I did little research I will buy swiss travel pass for 8 days looks nice option my iterny will be like this

day1 morning I will reach zurich at 7 am wil directly go to Grindelwald I will stay there for 3 nights will cover Lauterbrunnen Wengen Murren and if weather good then junghfru

2 then will go zermat for 1 night

3 will stay 1 night at Interlaken will go to Gstaad and zweisimmen

4 will reach Lucerne 1 night

And day 7 ready for Toronto from Zurich

I have some questions

With swiss travel pass 2 class I can go to zermat without any reservations

I have to choose date in-between June July or August which month has less chance of rain

Thanks

Aman

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2017 at 17:03:48 #873382

Hi Aman,

With 3 nights planned in Grindelwald you won’t need that extra night in Interlaken. I would add it to perhaps Zermatt or Luzern (Zermatt is a bit of a trip from Grindelwald for just 1 night). Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips.

Yes, travel to Zermatt is included on the Swiss Travel Pass. Some of the trips in Zermatt are further discounted (50%) such as Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn.

July or August should work – with perhaps August being the best option for a better chance of clear skies and nice weather.
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 January 2018 at 23:06:39 #873383

Hi Lucas

I already got a good deal from Air Canada and booked vacation for 6 days from 19 August to 25

I have question if I have to travel from Grindelwald to Zermat with swiss travel pass second class I need reservations or not I can sit and go I check on zvv fahrplan it’s showing change trains information looks good

Second question I have I will go here in grocery store or restaurants I have to bring cash or they accept credit cards in these cities

Thanks again for information

Aman

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 January 2018 at 8:18:47 #873384

Hi Aman,

There’s no need for reservations. Please be aware that the timetables show the quickest connections by default. That means that between Interlaken and Zermatt you would normally travel via the tunnel connecting Spiez on the northern side of the mountain range and Brig on the southern side. If you don’t mind a longer journey and prefer scenic views, the regional Lötschberger train, that winds its way through the mountains, is a nice alternative. Enter ‘Goppenstein’ as a via-station in the Swiss timetable to get details on this route.

Credit cards and debit cards are widely accepted in Switzerland. I would however bring some cash, which can be obtained from ATMs in Switzerland. Some smaller shops, like the bakery in my village, don’t accept any cards. More information about how to pay in Switzerland can be found on the web page here.

• The thread ‘6 day Swiss travel plan help (summer)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.