Visit Lindt museum from Luzern with the Tell Pass

• Viki
    Participant
    9 posts
    10 August 2022 at 13:56:31 #828030

Hello

Our September/October visit to Wengen and Luzern is coming up and I managed to book our Swiss Half Fare Cards, Swiss Family Card, Saver Day Passes and point-to-point train tickets yesterday.

We will have a Tell-pass for our stay in Luzern and we are planning on visiting the Lindt Home of Chocolate museum in Kilchberg as part of a day trip.

I requested a ‘return ticket’ on the SBB website from Baar to Kilchberg because the Tell-pass is covering the route from Luzern to Baar (I hope I understand this correctly).

However, when I received the ticket in my email, there are zones listed.

I’ve tried to figure out if the route falls within these zones, but I am now totally confused.

Can you please guide me in terms of, will this ticket be valid for this route i e. Baar to Kilchberg

Z-Pass TVSZ-TVZG-ZVV Day Pass

Zones 150 151 623 624

Your choice:

Baar

via Thalwil – Kilchberg ZH

Kilchberg ZH, Lindt & Sprüngli

2. Class, Reduced fare 1/2

CHF 9.20

Valid:

01.10.2022 00:00 –

02.10.2022 05:00

Thank you very much

Regards

Viki

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2022 at 15:40:35 #945425

Hello Viki,

yes, Baar is great, you can travel for free with your Tell Pass from Lucerne to Baar: https://www.myswissalps.com/tellpass/validity. You only need tickets from Baar to Kilchberg.

Z-Pass (http://www.z-pass.ch/zpass/en/home.html) is the pass in the Zurich network, so all fine. You do not need to care about the zones, all you should know is that your ticket is valid from Baar to Kilchberg ZH, Lindt & Sprüngli via Thalwil. So all fine 🙂

Make sure to have your Swiss Half Fare Card with you.

Enjoy the Lindt chocolate factory!

Ildiko

Viki
    Participant
    9 posts
    11 August 2022 at 9:32:03 #945426

Wonderful, thank you!

And also, thank you for all the helpful information on this forum. I would have not been able to figure all the different options for passes and train tickets out if it wasn’t for this….

Have a wonderful day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2022 at 9:43:47 #945427

Hi Viki,

Thanks for your kind words and appreciation of MySwissAlps.com, we try to support the best we can! 🙂

Ildiko

CMarie
    Participant
    17 posts
    12 August 2022 at 5:50:09 #945428

Viki,

My husband I visited the Lindt Home of Chocolate Museum and had booked an “English Speaking” tour. We are really glad we booked it as they provided additional Chocolate tasting opportunities to see how the Chocolate texture and taste changed over time to what we now have! I’m not sure if you’ll have to pay extra with your Pass but it would definitely be worth it. The tour dates are limited yet schedule available on their website. If you go, carry a bottle of water as it’s good to have during the tour.

Enjoy !

Viki
    Participant
    9 posts
    12 August 2022 at 6:16:55 #945429

Thank you CMarie, it sounds wonderful.

I will definitely see how we can book the tour, I have already booked the ‘entry tickets’.

Regards

Viki

• The thread ‘Visit Lindt museum from Luzern with the Tell Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.