Aug 18, 2021 - 2:58 PM
in reply to Terry
I am living in Lausanne and yes, Ouchy (worths a visit if you are in the region. If you like museums I highly recommend the Olympic Museum close to Ouchy. You can buy your tickets if you wish in advance here. I've been several times there (never on the weekends I think) but it was never crowded as it has big indoor spaces.
If you would like to visit the UNESCO heritage Lavaux vineyard have a look at this walking route: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/lutry-epesses. Or my personal fav route is as follows:
- Take a steam boat from Lausanne, Ouchy to Vevey (harbour called Vevey-Marché')
- from Vevey harbour walk to the Vevey train station (around 10 min)
- take the train to Chexbres from Vevey (around 10 mins)
- walk down from Chexbres to Rivaz station via the famous Lavaux vineyard and enjoy the view
- optional: taste some wine in Rivaz or visit Lavaux Vinorama
- take the train from Rivaz station to Lausanne
You can do this route starting and arriving at Montreux (instead of Lausanne) if you wish. But according to my opinion, the best view from the boat to the Lavaux is between Lausanne and Vevey.
If you like hiking, you can visit Rochers-de-Naye from Montreux: www.myswissalps.com/rochersdenaye.
Another day tour from Montreux I recommend is Gruyeres (lovely village with castle and cheese factory) and Broc where you'll find the Maison Cailler (chocolate factory). More info: www.myswissalps.com/gruyeres and www.myswissalps.com/maisoncailler.
Let me know if you have any further questions :)
Last modified on Oct 2, 2022 - 4:22 PM by Arno